This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
I say this every month, but man did July go by fast. This year is going by way too fast, and I feel like everything is passing me by so quickly. Life just seems like one big routine, and I feel like I’m just waiting for the next event to happen.
That’s why I like to create these monthly wrap-ups. It’s proof and encouragement that it is possible to earn money online. I’m always trying out new ways to increase my income, and this is a good way to look back on every thing that worked and what didn’t. Plus, if I ever feel discouraged, I can take a look back on my accomplishments.
Here is my July 2017 monthly wrap-up, where I talk about life updates, monthly favorites, blog report, and my goals.
GETTING MY HOUSE READY TO SELL
Because of my parent’s divorce, we’re being forced to sell my home because my mom just wants the money. She doesn’t care at all about us, or where we’re going to end up. There is so much stress and heartbreak that comes with it.
A broker took a look at my house and said we can probably sell the house within 3 to 6 months. I’m not ready to leave the home I’ve lived in my entire life and move halfway across the country. And I’m definitely not ready to have a long-distance relationship with my boyfriend of 4 years.
This post in my Unemotionally Available Mom series will give you a deeper look as to what has been going on in my life lately.
I SAVED MY DAD’S LIFE
A truly scary thing happened about a week ago. My dad nearly choked to death twice in the span of 5 minutes. I had to perform the Heimlich maneuver over and over to save his life.
Having someone choke to death has been one of my greatest fears since childhood. But I automatically pushed past those fears and went into survival mode.
I can’t believe I did it, but I’m so grateful I was able to rescue my dad those two times.
Holy balls. The 100 is so, so, so good. It’s such an underrated TV show. It’s a post-apocalyptic/sci-fi show, but it’s so much more than that. It is so intense, and it has a lot of horror elements twisted in. And I’ve definitely cried a couple times watching it.
Me and my sister finished watching it over a week ago, and I’m still in denial that we have no more episodes to watch right now. I absolutely can’t wait for the next season to come out! Come on 2018!
If you want to make money blogging, you can!
The best way to make money through blogging is to have a WordPress, self-hosted blog. Making money on any free blogging platforms, such as Blogger, is very difficult. Most companies don’t view them as professional as self-hosted WordPress blogs. In fact, most networks only work if you’re self-hosted and own your domain.
- It’s extremely affordable by starting at $3.75 per month
- WordPress through Bluehost is free (HUGE savings!)
- You’ll get a free blog domain
- You’ll look more professional
- You get to earn money from your blog
- Blog views: 17,346 ( ↑ 5,932 from 11,414 from last month)
- Wow. I owe this big increase to Tailwind and the power of Pinterest.
- Pinterest: 1916 (↑ 79 from 1837 last month)
- Twitter: 1058 (↑ 14 from 1044 last month)
- Bloglovin: 40 (↑ 1 from last month)
- Instagram: 133 (↑ 20 from 113 last month)
- Email Subscribers: 227 (↑ 29 from 198 last month)
- Amazon Associates: $1.95
- Swagbucks: $1.37
Want to earn some side income?
- 10 Super Easy Ways to Earn Money From Your Blog
- 23 Ways to Make Extra Money Each Month from Home
- Make Some Serious Cash by Answering Surveys in Your Free Time
LAST MONTH’S GOALS
- Reach 12,000 page views: [PASS] I CANNOT BELIEVE I reached over 17,000 this month! This is all because of the power of Tailwind and Pinterest!
- Reach 1,900 followers on Pinterest: [PASS] Like I said, Tailwind is a huge game-changer!
- Increase my income: [PASS] I’m slowly, but surely increasing my income little by little.
- Walk my dog Summer at least 3 times per week: [KINDA] I didn’t exactly walk Summer 3 times a week. But I did play Frisbee with her 2-3 times a day.
NEXT MONTH’S GOALS
- Reach 15,000 page views: It’s a small goal, but I like having smaller goals and I feel like my traffic for July wasn’t the norm. Growing a blog doesn’t happen overnight.
- Reach 1,950 followers on Pinterest: I look forward to following more people and upping my Pinterest game even more.
- Get out of my house 2 times a week: Working from home and having anxiety, I hardly ever even get out of my pajamas. Hopefully I can push myself comfortably.
Did you accomplish your goals this past month? What are your goals for August?
If you are interested in starting your own blog, I highly recommend using Bluehost. At just $5.95 (originally $10.99) a month, you’ll get unlimited web hosting with unlimited transfer and space. You’ll also get your own domain, which is a really good deal. You’re going to want to be self-hosted if you want to earn an income from your blog.