This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
Wow. Another month went by at lightening speed. How is June over already? And more importantly, how the heck is 2017 already more than half over?!
June was a big ole bag of emotions. So much has happened in my life this month, both good and absolutely terrible.
In my June Monthly Wrap-Wrap, I talk about my life updates. as well as what I’ve been loving. I’ve also included my blog stats this month to show you that you too can earn money online!
June was my birthday month, so I went on a little relaxing staycation with my boyfriend for a couple days. I absolutely love my time away with him, and I try to cherish every minute I can. They always go by way too fast.
This trip mainly consisted of us watching TV, going to a children’s museum, and eating vegan food. A complete win for my now 24 year old self!
Oh, and he used Groupon for the majority of the trip, so we were able to save a good amount of money. I clearly taught him well.
Another exciting vegan thing happened in June: Chicago Vegan and Drink Fest. Of course, I had to be there or be square.
It was really hot and the lines were obnoxiously long, but I was excited to see so many people coming out to support the vegan food and lifestyle. I’d definitely go again in a heartbeat.
If you wanna follow more vegan adventures, be sure to follow my Instagram. I pretty much only post pictures of food!
MY BABY GIRL
And now the hard part…I don’t want this to be real. A week ago, on June 26, we had to put the light of my life down.
The wound is still fresh, and I imagine it will be stinging for a very long time. It’s been a huge struggle for me in all areas of my life. She was with me since I was 9 years old, so you can imagine how massive of a change this is for me.
She was my everything. She will always be my everything.
I plan to dedicate an entire post to her and our memories, but I still need time to mourn and grieve the loss of my best friend of nearly 15 years.
FAVORITES THIS MONTH
THE SIMS 2
Who am I kidding? The Sims 2 will always be one of my favorite games of all time. I own every single expansion pack, and I’m working on getting all the stuff packs to complete the entire collection.
Still, I got back into playing it in June, because my sister bought me a new monitor for my birthday. We could play on our old one, but the sound didn’t work, and that just took away from the gameplay.
And no, I’m not sorry if I accidentally play Sims instead of working. #yolo
ELF NUDE ROSE GOLD
I’ve only worn makeup a couple times this month, but each and every time I did, I used e.l.f.’s Nude Rose Gold eyeshadow palette. I don’t know what it is about it, but man, I can’t stop using it.
I admit, the shimmers aren’t that great when they aren’t applied with a finger or with a wet brush, but I would buy this palette again and again just for the mattes.
Because confession: I even used this palette on my eyes when I decided to just stay in my pajamas all day.
With just one coat, my lashes look so much longer. I also find that the mascara holds my curl, and the mascara does not transfer. However, it is easy to remove at the end of the night.
The mascara is more of a wet formula, so if you don’t like that, you might not like this mascara. Also the wand is quite big, but I still find it easy to manage.
If you want to make money blogging, you can!
The best way to make money through blogging is to have a WordPress, self-hosted blog. Making money on any free blogging platforms, such as Blogger, is very difficult. Most companies don’t view them as professional as self-hosted WordPress blogs. In fact, most networks only work if you’re self-hosted and own your domain.
- It’s extremely affordable by starting at $3.75 per month
- WordPress through Bluehost is free (HUGE savings!)
- You’ll get a free blog domain
- You’ll look more professional
- You get to earn money from your blog
- Blog Views: 11,414 vs 9321 last month
- Pinterest: 1837 vs 1575 last month
- Twitter: 1044 vs 1020 last month
- Bloglovin: 39 vs 35 last month
- Instagram: 113 vs 103 last month
- Email Subscribers: 198 vs 182 last month
I owe my growth this month to Tailwind. I started to implement Tailwind Tribes, and that has been a huge game changer for me. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for my blog! You can try Tailwind free, but I’m sure you’ll upgrade as soon as you see the results!
- Ads: $14.30
- Affiliates: $9.00
- Surveys (Swagbucks, Inbox Dollars, Pinecone Research, MyPoints, Survey Junkie): $47.99
- Ebates: $0.35
- Apps (Slidejoy, GrabPoints, Lucktastic, Perk Pop Quiz): $5.00
Not too shabby, considering every thing that happened this past month. I hope to only increase my income more and more each month, but I won’t be too upset if I don’t next month, because I know summer months usually lead to lower traffic and income for most bloggers.
Want to earn some side income?
- 10 Super Easy Ways to Earn Money From Your Blog
- 23 Ways to Make Extra Money Each Month from Home
- Make Some Serious Cash by Answering Surveys in Your Free Time
LAST MONTH’S GOALS
- Declutter my house: [FAIL] I did declutter some but not as much as I would’ve liked.
- Read more: [FAIL] Granted, I did have a lot going on this month, but I still definitely would’ve liked to read more.
- Have an awesome birthday: [PASS] My birthday was relaxing and I got to spend it with my love. I’ll just forget about my panic attack and cry fest at the end of the night.
NEXT MONTH’S GOALS
- Reach 12,000 page views: I hope to promote more, and not let anxiety get in the way!
- Reach 1,900 followers on Pinterest: With continued use of Tailwind, I think I’ll be able to achieve this with little effort.
- Increase my income: Find new ways to make income and find easier ways to do so.
- Walk my dog Summer at least 3 times per week: It’s a great way for me to get outside, get some exercise, and spend some quality time with best friend.
So there you have it. June was quite a whirlwind of a month. A lot of unexpected changes happened, so I hope July will bring peace to my life.
What are your goals for July? Let us know in the comments below!
If you are interested in starting your own blog, I highly recommend using Bluehost. At just $5.95 (originally $10.99) a month, you’ll get unlimited web hosting with unlimited transfer and space. You’ll also get your own domain, which is a really good deal. You’re going to want to be self-hosted if you want to earn an income from your blog.