This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
September was a pretty good month for me both personally and for my blog. My blog stats are up, and I’m constantly researching ways to increase my traffic and income. It feels so good that all my hard work and dedication is finally showing proof.
I also celebrated my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend by taking a week-long trip to Tennessee. We went to Dollywood (one of my favorite theme parks ever), ate vegan food, and played old-school Sega. Plus, I had a week off work, which I can’t complain about.
I’ve grown so much from in the past few months. I’m excited to share my September Blog Report: Traffic, Income, & Monthly Favorites:
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
I’ve been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the third time through with my sister. Oh the nostalgia.
We make it pretty much a daily ritual to watch it together and eat some type of yummy food. So far, we made it to the third season. I’m so excited for the later seasons, because they’re my favorite.
SARAH DESSEN BOOKS
I’m making a point to read every book Sarah Dessen wrote. She’s a contemporary young adult fiction writer who writes teen love stories. Some people might say her books are guilty pleasures. But come on. Her books are amazing!
I’ve been working so hard on my FREE self-love eBook, and I’m so excited to finally be able to share my Self-Love Guide for Newbies with you!
In this 12-page, detailed eBook, I offer all the inside knowledge I personally use on my self-love journey
It’s exclusive to my email list, so you’re going to want to sign up below.
Pinterest is by far my greatest traffic source. In fact, it’s accounted for 95% of my traffic in the past several months.
This is all because I signed up for a trial version of Tailwind.
Within a day of signing up and scheduling pins in advance, I saw my traffic dramatically rise. I more than quadrupled my page views. The numbers spoke for themselves, so I knew I had to bite the bullet and pay for the affordable service. I haven’t looked back since!
When I first started using Pinterest, I was manually pinning about ten pins a day. It was hard to remember and hard to keep up with. Now I realize how much time I was wasting!
I currently pin about 30 pins a day. I usually do 5 of my own pins and 25 pins from other blogs. This way I’m not spamming anybody with my own content. I tend to schedule over 300 pins in advance, so that’s an even bigger time saver!
- Blog views: 17,576 ( ↑1,629 from 15,947 from last month)
- I’m so excited that I was able to increase my blog traffic again this month! Every month I’m improving, and it feels so good!
- Pinterest: 2,171 (↑ 121 from 2050 last month)
- Wow. I owe this big increase to Tailwind and implementing new strategies.
- Twitter: 1,104 (↑ 16 from 1088 last month)
- I got really lazy with promoting on Twitter this month. I’m hoping to change this around next moth.
- Bloglovin: 46 (↑ 6 from 40 last month)
- I barely use Bloglovin, but I’m going to make more of an effort next month.
- Instagram: 148 (↑ 10 from 137 last month)
- Again, I don’t really use Insta all that much. Let’s see if I can be more consistent next month.
- Email Subscribers: 275 (↑ 26 from 249 last month)
- If you sign up to my email list, you’ll get my FREE Self-Love Guide for Newbies.
If you want to make money blogging, you can!
The best way to make money through blogging is to have a WordPress, self-hosted blog. Making money on any free blogging platforms, such as Blogger, is very difficult. Most companies don’t view them as professional as self-hosted WordPress blogs. In fact, most networks only work if you’re self-hosted and own your domain.
- It’s extremely affordable by starting at $3.75 per month
- WordPress through Bluehost is free (HUGE savings!)
- You’ll get a free blog domain
- You’ll look more professional
- You get to earn money from your blog
- Amazon Associates: $6.14
- Swagbucks: $0.46
Want to earn some side income?
- 10 Super Easy Ways to Earn Money From Your Blog
- 23 Ways to Make Extra Money Each Month from Home
- Make Some Serious Cash by Answering Surveys in Your Free Time
LAST MONTH’S GOALS
- Reach 16,250 page views: [PASS] I had 17,576 page views this month, and it feels amazing! I know page views aren’t everything, but it’s a way for me to see that my hard work is starting to pay off!
- Get more serious about my email list: [PASS] I added two more ways readers can join my mailing list. I also made a Self-Love eBook exclusive to email subscribers. (Read my post on how to receive it!)
- Update old blog posts: [PASS] I updated several more blog posts and made the images more Pinterest friendly. I’m hoping to update several more posts in October.
- Comment on other blogs: [FAIL] I think I only commented on one or two blog posts in September. Oops.
- Enjoy my vacation: [PASS] I’m SO proud of being able to keep my anxiety down to a minimum this trip. I drove almost the whole trip, through the mountains.
NEXT MONTH’S GOALS
- Reach 18,000 page views: Once again, I’m looking to increase the number of people who read my blog.
- Increase my email list: I have a few ideas in mind on how to gain new email subscribers, so I’m hoping I can put more plans into action.
- Update old blog posts: I want to continue updating each blog picture to be more Pinterest-friendly, as well as add more affiliate links and new info.
- Comment on other blogs: I want to spend some time each day commenting on other blogs in my niche. I hoping to create genuine connections with other bloggers.
- Do fall activities: I always say I’m going to do more fall activities each year, but time always seems to escape me. I’m definitely going to try and actually do more this year.
What are your goals for October? Let me know in the comments below!
If you are interested in starting your own blog, I highly recommend using Bluehost. At just $5.95 (originally $10.99) a month, you’ll get unlimited web hosting with unlimited transfer and space. You’ll also get your own domain, which is a really good deal. You’re going to want to be self-hosted if you want to earn an income from your blog.