This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
There comes a time when our relationships become routine. We get married, have 10,000 babies, and lose the spark we once had. We wake up, say hi to each other, go to work, come home, say hi again, and go to bed. Then we get up and do it all over again the next day.
This is something I try very hard to avoid. I never want to lose that spark.
The best relationships are when you get along like best friends. I can honestly say I have never been bored in my entire relationship.
For cereal, just laying in the dark is entertaining enough. Me and my boyfriend try anything to keep the other one laughing.
Here’s a list of 30 unexpected ways we’ve had fun in our relationship.
- Put on a ridiculously bad movie and make fun of it the whole way through
- Flip through the all the TV channels and watch only 15 seconds of each
- Have some late night tea and crumpets
- Swap clothes with your partner
- Randomly start talking with accents
- Do some acro partner yoga together
- Paint each other’s fingernails (Yes men. I’m talking to you.)
- Take a drive and sing loud and obnoxiously to the radio
- Read each other’s horoscope
- Reminisce about how you first met
- Go on an IKEA date and sit on all the couches
- Put the TV on mute and make up your own commentary
- Play video games until 2 O’clock in the morning
- Paint masterpieces with finger paint
- Go grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s
- Give your partner an unexpected striptease
- Sit on the roof and watch the stars twinkling
- Play hide and seek in an empty house
- Read a book out loud to each other
- Give each other a much needed back massage
- Go hiking at a forest preserve together
- Squeeze your hands in some Play-Doh
- Play fetch with your dog together
- Push each other on a swing at the park
- Go on a bike ride together
- Have a HGTV marathon (Why hello, Nicole Curtis)
- Lay in the grass and name the shapes of the clouds (Yes, I see a penis)
- Randomly slow dance with each other in public
- Add “That’s what she said” into every possible conversation
- Take very unattractive pictures with each other
- 7 Ways to Show Your Partner You Care Every Single Day
- How to Overcome a Rough Patch by Strengthening Your Relationship
- 6 Tips For When You Find Yourself Dating Your Coworker
What are some of the things you and your partner do to keep your relationship spark alive?