This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
Men and women essentially speak different languages. Meaning, we tend to communicate very differently. If you’ve ever read Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, then you probably know what I’m talking about.
And for the majority of men, actions speak louder than words. Or more importantly, a lack of words can be really beneficial. It shows that you are trusting of your partner.
These 25 things women can do to score big points with men are focused on keeping criticisms and unsolicited advice away.
25 Things Women Can Do to Score Big Points with Men:
1. When he makes a mistake, don’t say “I told you so.” Just keep quiet.
2. Don’t give him advice when he is driving or parking. Thank him for getting you there safely instead.
3. If he gets lost driving, don’t make a big deal about it. Instead, say something nice about the drive that you wouldn’t have experienced if he stayed on route.
4. Show that you’re happy to see him when he gets home. Greet him with a big hug and kiss.
5. Genuinely enjoy cuddling him, holding his hand, kissing him. Don’t make it a chore.
6. Overlook his mistakes that you would normally get upset for.
7. Don’t view him as irresponsible when he misplaces his keys.
8. Ask for his support, instead of dwelling on what he did wrong.
9. Ask for his support without demanding it.
10. If you ask for his support and he says no, don’t be hurt by his rejection. Instead, trust that he would if he could. Don’t reject or disapprove of him.
11. When he asks you to do something, say yes without acting like you’re forced to help him.
12. When he withdraws in himself, don’t make him feel guilty.
13. When he disappoints you, don’t punish or reject him.
14. When you disapprove something he’s doing, go into another room to center yourself instead of expressing it.
15. Be graceful in expressing your dislike or disappointment in something.
16. When he forgets to pick something up from the store, say “It’s okay. Would you do it the next time you’re out?”
17. If he forgets again, have patience and persistence. Say, “It’s okay. Would you still get it?”
18. When he’s doing something, don’t offer unsolicited advice.
19. Ask him what he wants to do before you give your opinion.
20. Honor him by making him feel you believe in him.
21. Compliment him in front of others.
22. When he wants to make up after a fight and starts doing little things for you, show him you appreciate him again.
23. When he apologizes for a mistake, receive it with loving acceptance and forgiveness.
24. Share your negative feelings in a centered way, without blaming, rejecting or being disapproving of him.
25. When you hurt him, understand his hurt, apologize, and give him the love he needs.
To wrap up…
If you don’t want to be criticized with these things, then you probably shouldn’t be criticizing your man with them. A lot of times in a relationship, it’s best to trust what your partner is doing and keep your mouth shut.
If you want to gain more insight on how men and women communicate differently, then you should definitely check out Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus.
- 50 Words of Affirmations Every Man Needs to Hear
- 5 Little Things You Can Do to Improve Your Relationship Today
- 5 Ways You Can Encourage Your Partner to Succeed
What ways have you scored big points with your partner? Give us some examples in the comments below!
If you are interested in starting your own blog, I highly recommend using Bluehost. At just $5.95 (originally $10.99) a month, you’ll get unlimited web hosting with unlimited transfer and space. You’ll also get your own domain, which is a really good deal. You’re going to want to be self-hosted if you want to earn an income from your blog.