DISCLOSURE: I am not a mental health professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit Online Therapy to call, message, or video chat a certified therapist online. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also receive compensation from Online Therapy or other sources if you purchase products or services through the links provided on this page. You can read my full disclaimer.
Men and women essentially speak different languages. Meaning, we tend to communicate very differently. If you’ve ever read Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, then you probably know what I’m talking about.
(Might not be the best book in the world, but I do find it to have some good takeways)
And for the majority of men, actions speak louder than words. Or more importantly, a lack of words can be really beneficial. It shows that you are trusting of your partner.
These 25 things women can do to score big points with men are focused on keeping criticisms and unsolicited advice away.
If you’re having difficulty in your relationship, it might be helpful to talk to an online couples counselor! Using Talkspace makes couple’s therapy super flexible and convenient, as you only need your phone or web browser.
25 Things Women Can Do to Score Big Points with Men
1. When he makes a mistake, don’t say “I told you so.” Just keep quiet.
2. Don’t give him advice when he is driving or parking. Thank him for getting you there safely instead.
3. If he gets lost driving, don’t make a big deal about it. Instead, say something nice about the drive that you wouldn’t have experienced if he stayed on route.
4. Show that you’re happy to see him when he gets home. Greet him with a big hug and kiss.
5. Genuinely enjoy cuddling him, holding his hand, kissing him. Don’t make it a chore.
6. Overlook his mistakes that you would normally get upset for.
7. Don’t view him as irresponsible when he misplaces his keys.
8. Ask for his support, instead of dwelling on what he did wrong.
9. Ask for his support without demanding it.
10. If you ask for his support and he says no, don’t be hurt by his rejection. Instead, trust that he would if he could. Don’t reject or disapprove of him.
11. When he asks you to do something, say yes without acting like you’re forced to help him.
12. When he withdraws in himself, don’t make him feel guilty.
13. When he disappoints you, don’t punish or reject him.
14. When you disapprove something he’s doing, go into another room to center yourself instead of expressing it.
15. Be graceful in expressing your dislike or disappointment in something.
16. When he forgets to pick something up from the store, say “It’s okay. Would you do it the next time you’re out?”
17. If he forgets again, have patience and persistence. Say, “It’s okay. Would you still get it?”
18. When he’s doing something, don’t offer unsolicited advice.
19. Ask him what he wants to do before you give your opinion.
20. Honor him by making him feel you believe in him.
21. Compliment him in front of others.
22. When he wants to make up after a fight and starts doing little things for you, show him you appreciate him again.
23. When he apologizes for a mistake, receive it with loving acceptance and forgiveness.
24. Share your negative feelings in a centered way, without blaming, rejecting or being disapproving of him.
25. When you hurt him, understand his hurt, apologize, and give him the love he needs.
To wrap up…
If you don’t want to be criticized with these things, then you probably shouldn’t be criticizing your man with them. A lot of times in a relationship, it’s best to trust what your partner is doing and keep your mouth shut.
If you want to gain more insight on how men and women communicate differently, then you should definitely check out Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus.
What ways have you scored big points with your partner? Give us some examples in the comments below!
- 50 Words of Affirmations Every Man Needs to Hear
- 5 Little Things You Can Do to Improve Your Relationship Today
- 5 Ways You Can Encourage Your Partner to Succeed
Have You Tried Couple’s Therapy?
If you’re having complications in your relationship, it might be helpful to talk to a couple’s counselor.
Did you know that there is affordable online couples therapy?
Talkspace is a super flexible option for couples counseling, as you only need your phone or web browser.
Benefits of Talkspace:
- Won’t have to physically visit therapist’s office
- Won’t have to rearrange your lives or hire a babysitter
- You and partner will share same therapist
- You’ll share a private online room
- Communicate with your therapist whenever
What I love about Talkspace is that you can get incredible couple’s therapy from the comfort of your own home.