DISCLOSURE: I am not a mental health professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit Online Therapy to call, message, or video chat a certified therapist online for an affordable monthly price. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive compensation from Online Therapy or other sources if you purchase products or services through the links provided on this page. You can read my full disclaimer.
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
Men and women essentially speak different languages. Meaning, we tend to communicate very differently. If you’ve ever read Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, then you probably know what I’m talking about.
And for the majority of men, actions speak louder than words. Or more importantly, a lack of words can be really beneficial. It shows that you are trusting of your partner.
These 25 things women can do to score big points with men are focused on keeping criticisms and unsolicited advice away.
25 Things Women Can Do to Score Big Points with Men
1. When he makes a mistake, don’t say “I told you so.” Just keep quiet.
2. Don’t give him advice when he is driving or parking. Thank him for getting you there safely instead.
3. If he gets lost driving, don’t make a big deal about it. Instead, say something nice about the drive that you wouldn’t have experienced if he stayed on route.
4. Show that you’re happy to see him when he gets home. Greet him with a big hug and kiss.
5. Genuinely enjoy cuddling him, holding his hand, kissing him. Don’t make it a chore.
6. Overlook his mistakes that you would normally get upset for.
7. Don’t view him as irresponsible when he misplaces his keys.
8. Ask for his support, instead of dwelling on what he did wrong.
9. Ask for his support without demanding it.
10. If you ask for his support and he says no, don’t be hurt by his rejection. Instead, trust that he would if he could. Don’t reject or disapprove of him.
11. When he asks you to do something, say yes without acting like you’re forced to help him.
12. When he withdraws in himself, don’t make him feel guilty.
13. When he disappoints you, don’t punish or reject him.
14. When you disapprove something he’s doing, go into another room to center yourself instead of expressing it.
15. Be graceful in expressing your dislike or disappointment in something.
16. When he forgets to pick something up from the store, say “It’s okay. Would you do it the next time you’re out?”
17. If he forgets again, have patience and persistence. Say, “It’s okay. Would you still get it?”
18. When he’s doing something, don’t offer unsolicited advice.
19. Ask him what he wants to do before you give your opinion.
20. Honor him by making him feel you believe in him.
21. Compliment him in front of others.
22. When he wants to make up after a fight and starts doing little things for you, show him you appreciate him again.
23. When he apologizes for a mistake, receive it with loving acceptance and forgiveness.
24. Share your negative feelings in a centered way, without blaming, rejecting or being disapproving of him.
25. When you hurt him, understand his hurt, apologize, and give him the love he needs.
To wrap up…
If you don’t want to be criticized with these things, then you probably shouldn’t be criticizing your man with them. A lot of times in a relationship, it’s best to trust what your partner is doing and keep your mouth shut.
If you want to gain more insight on how men and women communicate differently, then you should definitely check out Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus.
What ways have you scored big points with your partner? Give us some examples in the comments below!
- 50 Words of Affirmations Every Man Needs to Hear
- 5 Little Things You Can Do to Improve Your Relationship Today
- 5 Ways You Can Encourage Your Partner to Succeed
1. BEATING 50 PERCENT
Navigator’s Council: A Marriage Journal is both a weekly journal and a weekly rhythm for your marriage. The foundation of the journal is six questions that you’ll ask each other once a week and record your answers. Each week also includes a short devotional and a week-long calendar to help foster good conversation and make sure you and your partner are on the same page.
2. THE 5 LOVE LANGUAGES
We all have a love tank, and everybody loves and feels love differently. Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Physical Touch, Receiving Gifts, and Acts of Service make up the five love languages. The 5 Love Languages has been a game-changer for me and my boyfriend. Very eye-opening.
3. MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS
Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus is a classic. For years, the theory behind it has helped save countless relationships. I know it’s definitely opened my eyes to how men, like my boyfriend, communicate. It’s helped us understand each other more, and I’m so grateful.