DISCLOSURE: I am not a mental health professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit Online Therapy to call, message, or video chat a certified therapist online for an affordable monthly price. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive compensation from Online Therapy or other sources if you purchase products or services through the links provided on this page. You can read my full disclaimer.
Although I’ve lived with mental illness my whole life, I am not a medical professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit BetterHelp to talk to a certified therapist online at an affordable price. This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclaimer.
When we’re depressed, it’s hard to accomplish anything.
It’s hard to get out of bed. It’s hard to make ourselves breakfast. It’s the hardest thing constantly fall back into the comfort of our own bed.
But listen. That’s a problem we think we have. The chemicals in our brains tell us to think this negative way. We think that because we have no energy that we didn’t accomplish anything. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
Every single day that we survive is an accomplishment. We must remember that we make accomplishments every single day that we’re alive.
Instead of focusing on all the things you didn’t do, try focusing on all you that you did do. Your list doesn’t have to be long and extravagant. It doesn’t have to take a lot of effort. It just has to be positive.
Here’s my list of 35 everyday accomplishments of living with severe depression:
35 Everyday Accomplishments of Those with Depression
- Got the heck out of bed
- Drank an entire glass of water first thing even though it fricken hurt
- Did my morning yoga sequence
- Let my dogs out
- Fed them exactly 2 1/2 cups of nutritious dog food
- Gave them all their supplements and medication to keep them healthy
- Got my Swagbucks on
- Attempted to work on my blog
- Took all my vitamins to help stabilize my mood
- Ate a healthy breakfast
- Went upstairs to brush my teeth
- Put on some clean clothes
- Did my makeup
- Texted people back
- Answered a couple surveys
- Didn’t relapse from self-harm
- Watched my favorite YouTubers
- Ate some leftovers for lunch
- Went on Pinterest
- Invited my sister to watch Netflix
- Stumbled on StumbleUpon
- Allowed myself to take a nap
- Ate dinner with my family
- Actually worked on my blog
- Did a 20 minute workout video
- Drove 15 minutes to my boyfriend’s house
- Expressed my emotions to him
- Built the motivation to drive home
- Actually took a shower
- Flossed, brushed my teeth, and used mouthwash
- Put my phone away
- Read a book
- Did some nighttime yoga
- Went to bed at a reasonable time
- Remembered to keep breathing
Ah there. That wasn’t that hard.
What are your everyday accomplishments?
- 6 Things I Accomplish Every Day Despite My Depression
- 10 Things That are Making Your Depression Worse
- Do Light Therapy Lamps Actually Work at Treating Depression?
- Top 5 Teas to Drink for Depression
1. ONLINE THERAPY
Better Help is the largest online counseling platform worldwide. It makes professional counseling available anytime, anywhere, through a computer, tablet or smartphone.
2. RESILIENT BIG EBOOK BUNDLE
In the Resilient Big Bundle, you’ll get 6 amazing personal development products, such as 30 Day Negativity Detox and Figure Out Your Life. All of these together would cost over $120 if you purchased them separately, but you’ll get a big discount if you get the whole bundle.
3. MENTAL HEALTH JOURNAL GUIDES
Rose Minded created three 52 week Mental Health Journal Guides. You can pick from anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. In the guides, you can find weekly gratitude, emotional intelligence, self-care prompts. Use the code meagan15 to get 15% off.
4. BLESSING MANIFESTING DIGITAL PRODUCTS
Blessing Manifesting sells a bunch of digital products focusing on self-love and personal development, like the Self-Love Workbook Planner and Anxiety Workbook. You can either buy them in a digital version or physical copy.
5. DREAMS INTO REALITY
Dreams into Reality eBook covers different topics of personal development to improve your mindset and your life. It will help you overcome anxiety, limiting beliefs, fears, and become a much happier and more positive person.