DISCLOSURE: I am not a mental health professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit Online Therapy to call, message, or video chat a certified therapist online. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also receive compensation from Online Therapy or other sources if you purchase products or services through the links provided on this page. You can read my full disclaimer.
I’m a big fan of budgets and not spending money for no reason. I actually find free things to be the most exciting, because it’s almost a thrill in itself finding the best deal for something.
By having no-spend weekends throughout the year, it allows you more wiggle room with your finances. This helps you do more of the things you love, like vacations and buying Christmas presents for your loved ones.
Try having a couple no-spend weekends this month and see how much money you save! Keep reading for 75 ideas for a no-spend weekend that don’t totally suck.
75 Ideas for a No-Spend Weekend
1. Read a book
2. Rent a movie from the library
3. Color in a coloring book
4. Play a video game
5. Host a board game night
6. Visit a free museum
7. Watch home videos
8. Binge watch a show on Netflix
9. Take some surveys
10. Declutter your house
11. Do yardwork
12. Watch YouTube videos
13. Go for a bike ride
14. Walk the dogs
15. Learn to knit
16. Read a blog
17. Learn to play an instrument
18. Go to the park
19. Skype a friend
20. Attend a free event at the library
21. Write in a journal
Pro-tip: Try one of these Mental Health Journal Guides. Use the code meagan15 for 15% off.
22. Look through old photos
23. Make a pillow fort
24. Research a random topic
25. Make paper airplanes
26. Volunteer at your local animal shelter
27. Bake cookies
28. Have a scavenger hunt
29. Organize your cabinets
30. Fill out a planner
31. Visit a relative
32. Go camping
33. Have a picnic
34. Make shadow puppets
35. Read a self-help book
Pro-tip: I recommend checking out Social Anxiety to Social Success.
36. Listen to podcasts
37. Teach yourself how to juggle
38. Take nature photos
39. Prep your meals in advance
40. Practice origami
41. Make a time capsule
42. Play karaoke
43. Have a Disney movie marathon
44. Rearrange the furniture in a room
45. Practice yoga
46. Teach yourself how to knit
47. Write a poem
48. Have a garage sale
49. Take a bubble bath
50. Assemble your family tree
51. Do a puzzle
52. Make a budget
54. Go to the beach
55. Blow bubbles
56. Create a friendship bracelet
57. Deep clean a room in your house
58. Go hiking
59. Write a love letter to your partner
60. Write a letter to your future child or grandchild
61. Print and cut coupons
62. Give your partner a massage
64. Play a card game
65. Play a game on your phone
66. Try a recipe from a cookbook
67. Donate unwanted items to charity
68. Go Geocaching
69. Have a Harry Potter movie marathon
71. Write a song
72. Set new goals for yourself
73. Delete old stuff from your phone
74. Do a DIY project
75. Make a vision board with old magazines
There you have it. 75 ideas no-spend weekend ideas that don’t totally suck. Check out these related post!
- 20 Completely Free Date Ideas to Build Lots of Fun in Your Relationship
- 32 Ways to Save Money This Week Without Sacrificing Your Happiness
- 6 Common Things I Will Never Spend My Money On
- My Phone Bill is Always Under $30 with Ting – Receive $25 OFF Your First Bill with My Link!
What’s your favorite way to have a no-spend weekend?
Did you know that there is online therapy?
Online Therapy is a complete online therapy toolbox.
Your therapy toolbox includes:
- Live video, voice, or text chat session with your therapist
- 8 easy-to-follow sections, including 25 worksheets
- Activity plan, journal, and tests
- Yoga and meditation videos
What I love about Online Therapy is that there are several life-changing options and therapists available, and you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your home.
This means you never need to worry before getting help.