DISCLOSURE: I am not a mental health professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit Online Therapy to call, message, or video chat a certified therapist online. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also receive compensation from Online Therapy or other sources if you purchase products or services through the links provided on this page. You can read my full disclaimer.
Although I’ve lived with mental illness my whole life, I am not a medical professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit BetterHelp to talk to a certified therapist online at an affordable price. This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclaimer.
Several years back, my best friend gave me a copy of 14,000 Things to Be Happy About. She kept one for herself, and we spent the day reading the list out loud to each other. We decided that we would highlight the ones we relate to.
Whenever I’m having a really crappy day, I tend to look at the book right before bed. Not only does it help me sleep, but it helps me feel at peace.
And to this day, I still find more reasons to highlight.
So, it’s about time I decided to make my own personal list to reminisce on things that make me happy on a bad day.
My 75 Things to Make You Happy
- Getting the gunk out of my teeth when flossing
- Days off work
- Endangered Species Chocolate
- Having my house filled with Christmas decorations
- Classic Disney movies
- The color turquoise
- Watching a peaceful snowfall at night
- When gas prices are cheap
- Movie soundtracks
- YouTube videos
- Freshly shaved legs
- Amazing perfume
- Smelling my boyfriend’s cologne on a hoodie I stole from him
- Pajama days
- Wearing lipstick for no reason
- Running through the sprinkler
- Having a Target nearby
- Walking around my neighborhood at night
- Christmas Eve
- Playing The Sims 2 for hours at a time
- My boyfriend’s beard
- When there’s free WiFi
- Baking cookies with my sister
- Late night dance parties
- Walking around my house with no pants on
- The feeling after a long yoga practice
- A quiet house to fall asleep to
- Going to a vegan restaurant
- When a cow finally lets you pet it
- Being a straight edge
- Having long hair
- Embracing my freckles
- Having an affordable phone bill
- Feeling sexy
- Finally being able to fly a kite
- Looking at restaurant menus before I go to them
- Having naturally long eyelashes
- Not being scared climbing a tree
- A good night’s sleep
- Cashing in Swagbucks for gift cards
- Not losing my chapstick
- Flowery print dresses
- Wearing colored tights
- Documentaries that change your point of view
- Having enough nail polishes to start a museum
- Being 5 feet tall
- Reliving my childhood
- Trying all the different types of Root Beer I can
- Unclogging the drain
- The jokes on Laffy Taffy wrappers
- Wearing slippers in public
- The smell of hotels
- Dancing for no reason
- Making up songs for everyday activities
- Hot, mint flavored tea
- Talking about old memories with my cousins
- My coworkers
- Cuddling with stuffed animals at night
- Finger painting
- Karaoke hour
- VHS players
- Cruelty-free beauty products
- Movie marathons
- New vegan options at the grocery store
- Waking up to a good hair day
- Fuzzy socks
- Adult size footie pajamas
- Trader Joe’s
- Veggie fried rice with no egg
- Reading my journals from elementary school
- Date night
- Being myself
Now it’s time to make your list! What are the quirky things that make you happy?
- 4 Extremely Difficult Things I Gave Up to Become Happy
- 10 Best Essential Oil Recipes for Mental Health
- 10 Inspirational Mental Health Blogs You Need to Read Right Now
- Top 8 Self-Help and Personal Development Books You Must Read
- 5 Reasons You Should Stay Off Social Media
1. ONLINE THERAPY
Better Help is the largest online counseling platform worldwide. It makes professional counseling available anytime, anywhere, through a computer, tablet or smartphone.
2. RESILIENT BIG EBOOK BUNDLE
In the Resilient Big Bundle, you’ll get 6 amazing personal development products, such as 30 Day Negativity Detox and Figure Out Your Life. All of these together would cost over $120 if you purchased them separately, but you’ll get a big discount if you get the whole bundle.
3. MENTAL HEALTH JOURNAL GUIDES
Rose Minded created three 52 week Mental Health Journal Guides. You can pick from anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. In the guides, you can find weekly gratitude, emotional intelligence, self-care prompts. Use the code meagan15 to get 15% off.
4. SOCIAL ANXIETY TO SOCIAL SUCCESS
Social Anxiety to Social Success is an eBook Kel from Anxious Lass created. I’ve read countless ways to recover from social anxiety, and I still found new, important information in her book. The best part is it’s written in a warm and relatable way.
5. BLESSING MANIFESTING DIGITAL PRODUCTS
Blessing Manifesting sells a bunch of digital products focusing on self-love and personal development, like the Self-Love Workbook Planner and Anxiety Workbook. You can either buy them in a digital version or physical copy.
6. DREAMS INTO REALITY
Dreams into Reality eBook covers different topics of personal development to improve your mindset and your life. It will help you overcome anxiety, limiting beliefs, fears, and become a much happier and more positive person.