DISCLOSURE: I am not a mental health professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit Online Therapy to call, message, or video chat a certified therapist online. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also receive compensation from Online Therapy or other sources if you purchase products or services through the links provided on this page. You can read my full disclaimer.
Codependency often goes hand-in-hand with survivors of childhood trauma, but speaking positive affirmations can help you gain your independence.
When you’re codependent, it can be extremely difficult knowing who you truly are and finding that much-needed self-love within.
But these 101 affirmations for codependents will help you become more self-reliant, more self-confident, and more independent.
WHAT ARE AFFIRMATIONS?
Affirmations help shine a light on the limiting beliefs you have about yourself and your life.
Let’s get real for a moment…how many of these sentences have you said to yourself? 👇
Common Negative Codependency Affirmations:
🛑 I hate being alone.
🛑 It’s best to keep my mouth shut.
🛑 This relationship is good enough, I guess.
🛑 If I pick up their hobbies, maybe they won’t leave.
🛑 It’s better to have somebody than nobody.
I’m guessing you’ve spent so many precious years saying these unhealthy things about yourself.
And because you’ve been saying these things to yourself since you were young, I’m sure you even believe that these hurtful thoughts are true.
That you are unworthy.
That you are unlovable.
But I promise with every fiber of my being, this is not true.
It’s time to increase your self-worth and your freedom.
And speaking of gaining independence, have you downloaded your free inner child healing workbook yet? 👇
WHY USE DAILY AFFIRMATIONS FOR CODEPENDENTS?
The goal of codependency affirmations is to work as dismantling the belief that you can’t rely on yourself.
Because life becomes a lot more fulfilling when you heal your mindset and how you see yourself.
No matter how silly you think reading affirmations is, your brain needs to hear them.
Because guess what?
Your brain believes the words you tell yourself.
Recovering from codependency is life-changing
Whatever caused you to fall into the depths of codependency, there is a way out.
When you start speaking, thinking, and believing these codependency affirmations, a part of your soul will be healed.
You are so worthy of inner strength, self-assurance, and self-sufficiency.
It’s time to fill your head with these 101 mantras and affirmations for healing codependency (that are filled with so much self-love!).
101 Affirmations for Healing Codependency
👉 Another way to help heal your codependency is to read these Inner Child Affirmations.
1. I am worthy of love and respect, regardless of my relationships with others.
2. I value my own needs and feelings.
3. I trust my own abilities and judgements.
4. I am capable of making my own decisions.
5. I take responsibility for my actions and choices.
6. My focus is getting completely attuned to my wants and needs.
7. With every breath, I become more and more independent.
8. I am a master at taking care of myself.
9. I am free to live my life on my own terms.
10. It’s healthy to have my own thoughts, ideas, interests, and goals.
11. I base every decision on self-trust and instinct.
12. When I communicate honestly, my self-worth increases.
13. My opinions matter.
14. My words are clear and articulate.
15. I have valuable things to say.
16. I am confident enough to speak my likes and dislikes.
Need help voicing your needs?
17. I trust my own judgment and decision-making abilities.
18. I’ve got my own back.
19. The only approval I’ll ever need is my own.
20. Other people’s opinion of me is none of my business.
21. I inhale inner strength and exhale the fear of being alone.
22. I feel immense peace in silence and stillness.
23. My life is a place of happiness and love.
24. I am blessed to have a wonderful soul.
25. Every day, I love myself more and more.
26. I am kind to myself no matter what decision I make.
27. I live with my imperfections with grace and understanding.
28. Self-compassion runs through my bloodstream.
29. Forgiveness allows my heart to soften.
30. I completely accept my past and who I am today.
31. I am empowered every time I choose self-love.
For more self-love affirmations:
32. I am responsible for my own success and happiness.
33. I am strong and capable of achieving my goals independently.
34. Confidence oozes from my pores.
35. I am filled with respect for myself.
36. I love how I keep growing as a person.
37. I no longer engage in toxic situations.
38. I am capable of setting healthy boundaries and prioritizing my own needs.
39. I am comfortable saying no.
40. I am allowed to say no.
41. It’s safe for me to turn down invitations.
42. I am my own best friend.
43. With every inhale, I cherish the unique person I am.
44. I acknowledge my self-worth.
45. I accept myself for all that I am.
46. I unconditionally love myself.
47. My authenticity shines when I am true to myself.
48. I have a clear sense of who I am.
49. I am completely whole by myself.
50. I am at home in my body.
51. Every day, I have the willpower to show up exactly as I am.
52. I have the wisdom to make the best judgement calls.
You might find these quotes relatable:
53. I am self-reliant and can handle anything that comes my way.
54. The only opinion that truly matters is my own.
55. I am allowed to make mistakes.
56. I choose to stop going down the path of self-hatred and self-destruction.
57. Today, I release all feelings of guilt.
58. I let go of all feelings of regret and shame.
59. My heart is healing from the inside out.
60. I allow myself to be gentle and soft.
61. I actively give myself grace and patience.
62. I accept compliments with ease, because I know I am worthy of them.
63. I deeply love and approve of myself.
64. Every morning, I am confident in handling challenges on my own.
65. Every night, I praise myself for all my accomplishments.
66. I am my biggest support system.
67. I love how compassionate I am.
68. I am confident in who I am.
69. My self-esteem is rising higher and higher.
70. I radiate self-love.
71. I am my joy and inspiration.
72. I know I am loved for exactly who I am.
73. I have the gumption to live my authentic self.
74. My happiness comes from within.
Read more about happiness here:
75. I respect myself and treat myself with kindness and love.
76. With every breath, I stand in my power.
77. I live in my purpose.
78. I am self-assured in all areas of my life.
79. It is safe for me to think for myself.
80. I trust myself to make the best decisions for myself.
81. I set healthy boundaries and stick to them.
82. I am responsible for managing my own life.
83. I am responsible for my own happiness and wellbeing.
84. I easily control my reactions to uncomfortable situations.
85. I effortlessly prioritize self-care and self-love in my daily life.
86. I am allowed to set boundaries to protect myself.
87. I am allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.
88. I am capable of taking care of myself and my needs.
89. It is safe for me to feel and express my emotions.
90. With every breath, I inhale self-reliance.
91. With every exhale, I release codependency.
Meditating can help you heal:
92. I am stronger and more resilient than I give myself credit for.
93. I am capable of handling all difficult situations on my own.
94. I am in charge of the relationships in my life.
95. I let other people’s negativities roll off my back.
96. I am free to make my own choices.
97. I am empowered to create my own path.
98. I believe these codependency affirmations are making massive changes in all areas of my life.
99. I believe in myself and my abilities to succeed.
100. I am independent and free to live my life on my terms.
101. Today, and every day, I choose to live, speak, and breathe my individuality.
Positive Affirmations to Heal Your Codependency
Remember, affirmations can be — and should be! — personalized and adapted to fit your unique needs and situations.
If you’re not sure about affirmations, really take the time to practice them with an open mind.
Take the time to really believe in them and their power.
It’s best if you say these loving and powerful codependency affirmations both morning and night for 21 days straight.
That’s when you’ll really start to see a difference in your self-esteem and how you view yourself!
💾 Bookmark this page to return to read these affirmations over and over again.
Related posts for inner child:
- 70 Healing Inner Child Quotes (to Help Overcome Childhood Trauma)
- 107 Toxic Parents Quotes (When Mother and Father Are Abusive AF)
- 40 Child Abuse Songs (When You Had a Bad Childhood)
- 17 Magical Crystals for Healing Childhood Trauma (and Emotional Pain)
- 13 Nostalgic Activities to Reconnect with Your Inner Child
- 21 Powerful Inner Child Healing Meditations (Guided and Unguided)
- 23 Heartbreaking Movies About Childhood Trauma (That are Therapeutic)
- 13 Inner Child Healing Exercises (for Your Wounded Younger Self)
- 17 Must-Have Healing Gifts for Your Inner Child
- 11 Ways to Heal Childhood Trauma Spiritually (and Awaken Your Inner Child)
- 23 Inner Child Oracle Cards (for Deep Shadow Work)
- 23 Tarot Decks (for Intense Inner Child Work)
More affirmation posts:
- 101 Healing Inner Child Affirmations (to Reparent Yourself)
- 100 Daily Self-Love and Self-Esteem Affirmations to Love Yourself Better
- 55 Unforgettable Quotes About Finding Inner Strength and Hope
- 100 Empowering Affirmations for Adults with ADHD (to be Spoken Daily)
Did you know there’s online therapy?
Online Therapy is a complete online therapy toolbox.
Your therapy toolbox includes:
- Live video, voice, or text chat session with your therapist
- 8 easy-to-follow sections, including 25 worksheets
- Activity plan, journal, and tests
- Yoga and meditation videos
What I love about Online Therapy is that there are several life-changing options and therapists available, and you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your home.
This means you never need to worry before getting help.