DISCLOSURE: I am not a mental health professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit Online Therapy to call, message, or video chat a certified therapist online. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also receive compensation from Online Therapy or other sources if you purchase products or services through the links provided on this page. You can read my full disclaimer.
The perfect way to incorporate mindfulness into your daily life is to create a spiritual morning meditation routine.
Practicing mindfulness is an incredible way to start your morning off on the right foot.
It’ll help you live in the moment, as well as be more patient, kind, and productive.
The Ultimate Spiritual Morning Meditation Routine
PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY
Avoiding social media, the news, and canceling out any negativities or distractions is the best way to start your morning meditation routine.
This means putting your phone away and not checking it. That means even your emails and texts!
Choosing to not be distracted by your phone helps you be more mindful stay in the present moment.
DIFFUSE SOME ESSENTIAL OILS
I highly recommend diffusing some essential oils as soon as you wake up.
This helps clear any energy in the room and help set the tone for your day.
MY FAVORITE ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS:
The combination of these oils helps uplift your mood. It’s good for happiness and to help motivate and energize you.
- 3 drops sweet orange
- 3 drops lemon
- 3 drops lime
- 3 drops grapefruit
This blend is so invigorating and helps you be more productive. All three oils smell so delicious together.
- 3 drops peppermint
- 3 drops rosemary
- 3 drops pine needle
PLAY POSITIVE MEDITATION MUSIC
Now it’s time to play some meditation music to help you dive deeper into mindfulness.
My boyfriend and I created a meditation music YouTube channel called Peaceful Awakening Meditations.
We have a fantastic, uplifting morning meditation that is designed to help you be more positive and release any internal struggles, mental blockages, and self-doubt.
With the light rainfall accompanying a koto (a traditional Japanese string instrument), this song will help balance any issues and imbalances with the lower three chakras — Root, Sacral, and Solar Plexus chakras.
Now is the perfect time to meditate.
There are so many ways to meditate. It’s truly a unique experience for everyone.
You can either sit or lay down, whichever you prefer. You can even stand if it’s more comfortable for you.
Close your eyes and either visualize nature, something you would like to manifest, or just a blank canvas.
Because it’s the morning, it’s best to have your palms facing up. This helps carry the energy into your body and help vitalize you.
If you’re having a hard time letting go of thoughts, repeat to yourself, “I am letting go” until your thoughts start to fade.
I love practicing yoga as a form of my morning meditation.
Yoga is also an incredible way to get your body moving after sleep.
My Favorite Morning Yoga Poses
1. Cat-Cow is amazing for opening up any tight back muscles.
2. Downward Facing Dog is a standout pose for incorporating the entire body.
3. Tree Pose is so relaxing and grounding.
There are so many different types of yoga, and I’m sure you’ll find one that’s right for your mind and body.
One of my absolute favorite places to learn more about yoga poses, flows, and sequences is Yoga Download.
There are a countless selection of free yoga classes, from beginner all the way to advanced (as well as different lengths).
The best part is you can do yoga in the comfort of your own home.
Using crystals is a huge part of my spiritual morning meditation routine.
Depending on your situation and which method you prefer, crystals can be used for healing in so many different ways.
How to Use Crystals:
1. Meditate: Hold them during meditation or hold them when you feel anxious, depressed, or stressed.
2. On Your Body: Carry them around with you in your pocket or purse. Wear them as a necklace or bracelet.
3. Surrounding Space: Place them around your home, especially on nightstands, window sills, desks, and by electronics.
The main thing to note is to use crystals with intention. Crystals won’t work for you unless you allow them to.
More Crystal Posts:
- 12 Powerful Crystals for Self-Love and Confidence
- 10 Healing Crystals for Soothing Depression Symptoms
- 10 Powerful Healing Crystals for Anxiety Attacks
SAY POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS
One of the best ways to overcome any obstacle you’re facing is by practicing positive affirmations.
Positive affirmations are always in the present tense, include positive words, and are spoken as a fact and the truth.
The most powerful affirmations are the ones that turn your negative thoughts into positive ones.
Using the examples above, start saying: I AM healthy, I AM incredibly smart, My body IS beautiful.
You can say them to yourself internally or out loud. You can even write them down to reinforce them.
More on Affirmations:
- 100 Daily Self-Love & Self-Esteem Affirmations to Love Yourself Better
- 75 Empowering Affirmations for Success and Abundance
I love starting my day drinking hot tea.
Chamomile is my go-to tea.
I love drinking it in the morning to help calm my nervous system
. It helps level me out and helps set the mood for the rest of my day.
When I drink it, I notice I’m less irritable and more likely to be able to focus than when I don’t.
CHOOSE AN ORACLE CARD
I find shuffling and selecting an oracle card is vital to knowing my energy and focus of the day.
My Favorite Oracle Decks:
1. Work Your Light is the first oracle deck I ever purchased. It includes 44 artistically done cards that help invoke the light in your life.
2. Queen of the Moon is probably my most favorite oracle deck I have. The energy is strong, clear, and powerful.
3. Whispers of Love is an incredible oracle deck if you’re focusing on relationships and self-love. The artwork is breathtaking!
4. Conscious Spirit is a fantastic deck for figuring our with chakras are imbalanced, as well as your angels and spirit guides.
After I select the card of the day, I keep it out on my desk to be reminded throughout my day.
JOURNAL WHAT YOU’RE GRATEFUL FOR
After I know the energy for my day, I’ll then go and journal everything I’m manifesting and everything I grateful for.
Practicing daily gratitude has been substantial in managing my mental health and attracting positive things into my life.
You can find an entire section of gratitude prompts in Anxiety Journal: Daily Prompts for Coping with Anxious Thoughts and Feelings.
Morning Meditation Routine
Everybody’s morning routine looks different.
Mine includes an ample amount of mindfulness, meditation, and spirituality.
Meditation and mindfulness are extremely beneficial for our mind, body, and our spirit.
It helps us relax, clear our mind, and release negative energy and unwanted thoughts.
Having a morning meditation routine is vital to making the most out of your day.
What does your morning meditation routine look like? Please share in the comments!
More spiritual posts:
- 25 Spellbinding Witchy Subscription Boxes
- 15 Mind-Blowing Free YouTube Tarot Reading Channels
- Spiritual Help for Anxiety: Overcome Anxiety with New Age Spirituality
- 5 Deeply Spiritual Ways to Help Heal Depression
- 7 Spiritual Wellness Subscription Boxes (That are Vegan!)
- 12 Meditations for Severe Period Pain (and Other Menstrual Symptoms)
- 17 Best Crystals for Meditation (to Boost Your Session)
Did you know there’s online therapy?
Online Therapy is a complete online therapy toolbox.
Your therapy toolbox includes:
- Live video, voice, or text chat session with your therapist
- 8 easy-to-follow sections, including 25 worksheets
- Activity plan, journal, and tests
- Yoga and meditation videos
What I love about Online Therapy is that there are several life-changing options and therapists available, and you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your home.
This means you never need to worry before getting help.