DISCLOSURE: I am not a mental health professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit Online Therapy to call, message, or video chat a certified therapist online. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also receive compensation from Online Therapy or other sources if you purchase products or services through the links provided on this page. You can read my full disclaimer.
Setting personal boundaries is one of the greatest acts of self-love, and speaking inspirational boundary affirmations can help you make and enforce your most important boundaries.
Whether you need to set boundaries with your partner, family, or workplace, these 101 affirmations about setting boundaries can help you gain the confidence, self-care, self-love, and self-respect to do so.
WHAT ARE BOUNDARIES IMPORTANT?
Setting boundaries say that you matter.
Boundaries say that you care about yourself and that you’re finally going to start making your wellbeing a priority.
Boundaries say that you’re finally going to make yourself a priority.
Warning signs of not having enough boundaries ⤵️
💔 Feeling like you’re neglecting yourself and your needs
💔 Difficulty saying no
💔 Feeling guilty about saying no
💔 Prioritizing others’ needs over your own
💔 Feeling anxious when not meeting others’ expectations
💔 Feeling burned out — stress, anxiety, brain fog, insomnia
💔 Feeling angry at yourself and the world
When you don’t have boundaries, it’s nearly impossible to have self-respect and self-love.
Speaking of setting boundaries, have you downloaded your free inner child healing workbook yet? 👇
WHY USE DAILY AFFIRMATIONS FOR BOUNDARIES?
The goal of boundary affirmations is to stop constantly putting other people’s wants and needs above yours.
Because life becomes a lot more fulfilling and balanced when you put yourself first for a change.
No matter how silly you think reading affirmations is, your brain needs to hear them.
Because guess what?
Your brain believes the words you tell yourself.
Setting boundaries is life-changing
Making yourself a priority by setting boundaries, practicing self-care, and speaking up for yourself will completely change your life for the better.
When you start speaking, thinking, and believing these affirmations about boundaries, a part of your soul will be nourished.
Signs of healthy boundaries ⤵️
💗 Saying no comes easily for you
💗 Improves communication skills
💗 Strengthens relationships
💗 Encourages you to be vulnerable
You are so worthy of self-assurance, self-sufficiency, and prioritizing yourself.
Learn how to set boundaries with toxic parents:
It’s time to fill your head with these 101 mantras and affirmations for setting boundaries (that are filled with so much self-care!).
101 Affirmations for Setting Boundaries
1. I am worthy of setting and enforcing my most important boundaries.
2. My boundaries are a reflection of my self-respect.
3. Setting boundaries is an act of self-care.
4. I am a priority, and I treat myself accordingly.
5. Every day, I am worthy of respect.
6. I will not tolerate disrespect.
7. It’s okay to say no.
8. It’s safe for me to say no.
9. I am in control of my own life.
10. I am capable of communicating my boundaries effectively and assertively.
11. The boundaries I set are healthy and practical.
12. I trust my instincts and honor my boundaries.
13. My boundaries are important and necessary for my wellbeing.
14. With every breath, I value and prioritize my happiness and fulfillment.
15. I am worthy of taking care of myself first.
These boundary quotes are inspiring:
16. I set my boundaries based on my needs.
17. I set my boundaries for a clear reason.
18. My boundaries protect my energy, time, and mental health.
19. I am grateful for the peace and freedom that come with healthy boundaries.
20. I am allowed to take care of myself without feeling guilty.
21. Every day, I prioritize filling my own cup.
22. I strictly enforce my “me time”.
23. Putting myself first is vital and necessary.
24. I make choices that align with my values and goals.
25. I honor my needs as soon as I wake up.
26. I honor my needs as I go to bed.
27. I will not apologize for enforcing boundaries.
28. Saying “no” is an act of self-love and self-preservation.
29. I will not compromise on my morals and beliefs.
30. My boundaries are not up for debate.
Check out the types of self-care boundaries:
31. I trust myself to make decisions that honor my needs and values.
32. Setting boundaries is not selfish but necessary for my wellbeing.
33. I am empowered when I communicate my boundaries clearly and respectfully.
34. I deserve to be surrounded by people who respect and honor my boundaries.
35. I deserve respect and kindness in all areas of my life.
36. I am confident in my ability to protect my boundaries and maintain healthy relationships.
37. I am allowed to adjust my boundaries as needed and communicate those changes clearly.
38. Saying no is a form of self-respect.
39. Saying no is a sign of strength and empowerment.
40. I am not obligated to say yes to everything and everyone.
41. I trust myself to make the best decisions for me.
42. Setting and respecting boundaries is an act of self-love and self-care.
43. I am in control of my own space and energy.
44. My house is a place of peace and relaxation.
45. I choose who I allow into my vicinity.
Are you a people pleaser?
46. I prioritize my own needs and feelings when setting and enforcing boundaries.
47. I am worthy of creating and maintaining healthy boundaries.
48. My gut knows what I need.
49. I frequently check in on what I need.
50. Today, I focus on my wants and desires.
51. I allow myself to rest completely.
52. I am allowed to protect my personal space and set limits on what I am comfortable with.
53. I am empowered to say ‘no’ when something doesn’t align with my boundaries and values.
54. I deserve to surround myself with people who respect and honor my boundaries.
55. I am allowed to remove myself from toxic or harmful situations.
56. I trust in my ability to remove unhealthy people from my life.
57. I attract people into my life who are good for my soul.
58. My voice is sturdy and confident.
59. It is safe for me to express both happy and sad emotions.
60. Expressing my needs is my strength.
Need help voicing your needs?
61. I have the willpower to show up exactly as I am.
62. The people who respect my boundaries will enter my life.
63. It’s safe for me to turn down invitations.
64. I am allowed to say no without feeling guilty or selfish.
65. Self-care is a necessity.
66. I trust what is right for me.
67. Saying no allows me to focus on what truly matters to me.
68. It is my birthright to say no to things that do not serve me.
69. My time and energy are valuable, and I will prioritize them accordingly.
70. I will not sacrifice my happiness for others.
71. My wellbeing is my responsibility.
72. I deserve to set boundaries with my parents.
73. I am allowed to live my own truth.
74. My life is a place of happiness and love.
75. The only approval I will ever need is my own.
Read these lifechanging quotes:
76. I choose to stop apologizing for honoring my needs.
77. It’s safe for me to feel and express my emotions.
78. I am allowed to show every feeling.
79. I state my boundaries as fact.
80. I will set clear boundaries to ensure I receive them.
81. My boundaries are a reflection of my self-care and self-love.
82. I have the right to set boundaries that feel safe and comfortable for me.
83. I trust myself to communicate my boundaries clearly and assertively.
84. I am worthy of respect and my boundaries deserve to be honored.
85. I release any shame about setting and enforcing boundaries.
86. I embrace the power boundaries bring.
87. Boundaries help me maintain healthy relationships.
88. Boundaries protect my emotional health and energy.
89. My time and energy are valuable, and I choose how to use them.
90. I am allowed to take breaks and prioritize self-care.
Speak these self-love affirmations:
91. Saying no is self-care.
92. I am responsible for my own wellbeing and creating boundaries supports that.
93. I outwardly express love for my entire being.
94. Boundaries are the ultimate act of self-love.
95. I believe these affirmations for boundaries are making massive changes in all areas of my life.
96. I believe in myself and my abilities to look after my wellbeing.
97. I easily set boundaries in all areas of my life.
98. I overcome the urge to people please in all areas of my life.
99. My boundaries are not up for negotiation, and that’s okay.
100. Today, I choose to live, speak, and breathe my priorities.
101. Today, and every day, I choose me.
Positive Affirmations for Boundary Setting
Remember, affirmations can be — and should be! — personalized and adapted to fit your unique needs and situations.
If you’re not sure about affirmations, really take the time to practice them with an open mind.
Take the time to really believe in them and their power.
Because when you speak these boundary affirmations daily, that’s when you’ll really start to see an improvement in your self-esteem and people pleasing tendencies!
💾 Bookmark this page to return to read these affirmations over and over again.
Related posts for inner child:
- 70 Healing Inner Child Quotes (to Help Overcome Childhood Trauma)
- 107 Toxic Parents Quotes (When Mother and Father Are Abusive AF)
- 40 Child Abuse Songs (When You Had a Bad Childhood)
- 17 Magical Crystals for Healing Childhood Trauma (and Emotional Pain)
- 13 Nostalgic Activities to Reconnect with Your Inner Child
- 21 Powerful Inner Child Healing Meditations (Guided and Unguided)
- 23 Heartbreaking Movies About Childhood Trauma (That are Therapeutic)
- 13 Inner Child Healing Exercises (for Your Wounded Younger Self)
- 17 Must-Have Healing Gifts for Your Inner Child
- 11 Ways to Heal Childhood Trauma Spiritually (and Awaken Your Inner Child)
- 23 Inner Child Oracle Cards (for Deep Shadow Work)
- 23 Tarot Decks (for Intense Inner Child Work)
More affirmation posts:
- 101 Healing Inner Child Affirmations (to Reparent Yourself)
- 101 Codependency Affirmations (for Gaining Independence)
- 101 Affirmations for People Pleasers (to Finally Put Yourself First)
- 100 Daily Self-Love and Self-Esteem Affirmations to Love Yourself Better
- 55 Unforgettable Quotes About Finding Inner Strength and Hope
- 100 Empowering Affirmations for Adults with ADHD (to be Spoken Daily)
Did you know there’s online therapy?
Online Therapy is a complete online therapy toolbox.
Your therapy toolbox includes:
- Live video, voice, or text chat session with your therapist
- 8 easy-to-follow sections, including 25 worksheets
- Activity plan, journal, and tests
- Yoga and meditation videos
What I love about Online Therapy is that there are several life-changing options and therapists available, and you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your home.
This means you never need to worry before getting help.